BEARDEDHAMMERS
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

WARHAMMER GAMING GROUP

ΦόρουμΦόρουμ  Latest imagesLatest images  ΑναζήτησηΑναζήτηση  ΕγγραφήΕγγραφή  ΣύνδεσηΣύνδεση  
Λέξεις Κλειδιά
deadzone griffon elves
Πρόσφατα Θέματα
» Warpath tournament 21/1/2018
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤρι Ιαν 16, 2018 7:32 pm από Ragnar

» South-Side by Gamers Castle
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΔευ Μάης 29, 2017 4:21 pm από Ragnar

» Μαχη 5/1/17
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΚυρ Ιαν 08, 2017 12:59 pm από Ragnar

» To group δραστηριοποιείται στο W40K?
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΠεμ Νοε 03, 2016 4:27 pm από Ragnar

» Path to glory rounds
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤετ Νοε 02, 2016 8:39 am από Ragnar

» Warbands
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤετ Σεπ 07, 2016 7:53 pm από Ragnar

» Iron Keep-Path to Glory Campaign
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤετ Σεπ 07, 2016 11:10 am από Ragnar

» Age of Sigmar FAQ
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤρι Σεπ 06, 2016 8:28 pm από Ragnar

» BeardedHammers Infinity League
 State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΔευ Αυγ 01, 2016 4:49 pm από Ragnar

Πλοήγηση
 Αρχική
 Ευρετήριο
 Κατάλογος Μελών
 Προφίλ
 Συχνές Ερωτήσεις
 Αναζήτηση
Απρίλιος 2024
ΔευΤριΤετΠεμΠαρΣαβΚυρ
ΗμερολόγιοΗμερολόγιο

State of WFB Rundown by Harry

Πήγαινε κάτω 
4 απαντήσεις
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
Ragnar

Ragnar

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 2411
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 03/02/2012
Τόπος : Ιλιον-Αττικης

State of WFB Rundown by Harry Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΚυρ Δεκ 29, 2013 7:41 pm

I will try and pluck some information from the dark forgotten corners of my brain .... memory is shot to pieces. ...so some of this may be complete bobbins ... and well out of date but I seem to remember Fantasy being in the 20 something %'s (this is a few years ago ... it may well have fallen below 20% now ... I have heard it is not doing so well).
I seem to remember the biggest fantasy army (can't remember if it was Empire or Orcs and Goblins) was making about 5% (Maybe even 7%)
The smallest fatasy army was making as little as 1%
Now when you consider they make over 10 Million in profit it still seems 1% of that is still worth having ... except when the plastic moulds cost as much as they do it is hard to make much profit out of a wood elf mould. Where as a space marine mould ... will make twenty times as much from the same costs.

makes it a bit easier to understand the release schedule?

EDIT: I heard they did experiments to try to discover if it was the price of the kits .... they released the Dark Elf Cold One Knights and the Chaos Knights at a lower price point to see if everyone bought twice as many as is so often stated ... They didn't. The same people bought exactly the same number of boxes as they do at the higher price point.
(I am not saying this is what happened ... or that they concluded they might as well continue to charge more for their kits to make a greater return ... I am just saying that is what I heard).

About shelving 9th edition ... I did hear that they had discussed shelving fantasy FULL STOP! (Not sure how long that discussion was but that's what I heard).
I heard they discussed loosing some of the least popular armies.
I heard they discussed condensing the army books into less volumes. (So the less popular armies could survive).
I heard one Warhammer armies book ... I heard two books?
I have no idea where the dust settled on these discussions except that they decided to do something .... and that it would have to be radical.

As far as I know I am the only person to have predicted 2014 for 9th edition ... because I assumed it must be around the corner based on the timescales I usually hear stuff. But hastings posted almost immediately to say he had heard it was 2015
I always assume he is correct and I am incorrect ... (hastings =Jedi Master Harry=Young apprentice).
I don't think 9th edition has been pushed back or shelved. I think when I posted to say it was coming in 2014 ... I was wrong.

In defence of this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamatoMusashi
So... there is never any source other than official GW statements which is not "speculation"?

Every rumour, ever, has been speculation and nothing more?

The beancounters at GW are deeply dissatisfied with the money WHF makes. That's not in their official annual report. But it's not speculation either. Whether you choose to believe it is up to you. But I'm not speculating that that's the case, I know it to be the case. Doubt me if you like, call me a liar if you feel so inclined, but even if you conclude I must be merely speculating, at least accept the possibility that SOMEONE may be in a position to hear things that don't appear in the annual statement.

There is a very basic difference between "speculation" and "unconfirmed" and "not from an official source". Was Hastings just speculating for all those years of consistently providing accurate information of what was coming? Or was he simply reporting what had not yet been officially announced?
Quote Originally Posted by pjklan
ok.
so, would you kindly share with us what you know about 9th edition?
thank you.
He heard pretty much the same things I did ... from completely different sources a few months after I did.
So that is two and a half years out (if 9th comes in summer 2015) ... making him well connected.
I first heard about all this in the June/July 2011
He did post about it at the time .... more than once ... but no one took any notice of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tancred II von Quenelles
To sum up WFB 9th is hitting in 2015 with some unpredicted and radical changes - am I correct?
That is about the size of it.
My understanding was they were scraping everything and starting again. So pretty difficult to predict what the changes might be.
Having said that we have heard about radical changes before the last several, slightly tweaked, editions.
So don't hold your breath.
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
Shieldwolf

Shieldwolf

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 323
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 10/09/2013

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΔευ Δεκ 30, 2013 8:50 am

Δε θα ήξερα να σχολιάσω τα παραπάνω παρά μόνο ανεπίσημα, όμως είναι πολύ δύσκολο βασικά είναι αδιανόητο να φανταστώ πως γίνεται όταν έχεις επενδύσει περίπου 3+ εκ. ευρώ σε καλούπια που είναι τα πιό ακριβά να φτιάξει κανείς (αλλά και εικονογραφήσεις, κλπ), είναι πολύ απλά αδιανόητο να εγκαταλείψεις ένα τέτοιο προϊόν.

Όσο και να λέει όποιος θέλει το αντίθετο, η GW είναι μία πολύ σοβαρή εταιρία που όπως όλες οι εταιρίες που μεγαλώνουν πολύ έχουν θέμα του να κρατήσουν τις ισσοροπίες. Είμαι σίγουρος ότι θα βρουν τους τρόπους  Cool
andreasch

andreasch

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 1190
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 12/02/2012
Τόπος : here and there...

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΔευ Δεκ 30, 2013 9:14 am

Ας κάνουν ότι θέλουν αρκεί να συνεχίσουμε να παίζουμε ακόμη φάντασυ! Ελπίζω μόνο να μην κόψουν στρατούς και μείνουν στο ράφι πράγματα απο αυτά που έχουμε!
Ragnar

Ragnar

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΔευ Δεκ 30, 2013 10:07 am

δεν θα ειναι η πρωτη φορα που θα κοβανε στρατους...
olethros

olethros

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 417
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 07/02/2012

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΔευ Δεκ 30, 2013 10:20 am

Shieldwolf έγραψε:
... η GW είναι μία πολύ σοβαρή εταιρία ...

Νάτος ο μέτοχος! καρφώθηκε!
Shieldwolf

Shieldwolf

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 323
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 10/09/2013

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤρι Δεκ 31, 2013 8:21 am

olethros έγραψε:
Shieldwolf έγραψε:
... η GW είναι μία πολύ σοβαρή εταιρία ...

Νάτος ο μέτοχος! καρφώθηκε!

lol!
Ragnar

Ragnar

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: State of WFB Rundown by Harry    State of WFB Rundown by Harry I_icon_minitimeΤετ Ιαν 22, 2014 4:11 pm

αυτο δεν ειναι απο "Harry"

11/1/14

Fantasy in order:
Dwarfs
Wood Elves
Bretonnia
Beastmen

The hobbit will also have most kits from the desolation of smaug, and in There and back again kits will be released.

Also the GW site will changed allow the purchase of forgeworld products from online which can also be done in stores. The new site will also feature more hobby tips ans paint schemes. Games Workshop are changing their current look and will have their site, magazinws and stores looking different by the end of the year.

12/1/14
The new starter set for warhammer fantasy 9th edition set to be released this summer will contain orcs and goblins and empire. The set will contain mounted riders for empire and gunners. Night goblins and orcs with a river troll for O & G. There is set to be around 50 models in this set with more than said here.

Note this is from a good source though the models content is not tor definite.

12/1/14
Quoted from an independant source:

To go with forge world combining web pages with GW, they will release codexes containing their products with all rules, stats and fluff for each army for both 40k and fantasy. These will be similar to supplements with new rules and warlord traits. The prices are said to be similar to 40k hard back codices.

Forge world is being rumoured to start doing hobbit/lotr kits. This has come around with GW not being able to produce a smaug model due to their agreement with new line cinema that all models must be of right likelyness and scale. Other models rumoured to be done are the necromancer, sauron and even terrain.

Note this is just rumours at the moment

13/1/14: Dwarfs

Dwarfs are set to get a heavy release in the first two weeks of february. The first week is the armybook and all redos of metal/finecast kits along with troops units. The second week will bring new kits and the larger ones like warmachines and characters, a new plastic dwarf king clampack.

Dwarf slayers and hammerers will get a new plastic kit and a new siege engine aswell aswell as a war alter will be released aswell

14/1/14
New gw website:

The new gw website will launch in march. The forgeworld, black library and gw sites will merge as one under the name of Games Workshop. How all books and fw products will be arranged is to be seen. whether all books and novels will be under each army they are about or under a black libary tab and FW products under each army or under a FW tab.

State of WFB Rundown by Harry
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
BEARDEDHAMMERS :: Warhammer fantasy :: Warhammer News&Rumours-
Μετάβαση σε: